PREFA has grown continuously in recent years. Internal business processes and systems were not always able to keep pace with this growth. The company lacked a reliable, central source for the management of extensive product information and marketing materials in particular.
So, it was impossible to make sure that all data, additional information, and associated digital assets were consistent, transparent, comprehensible, and always up-to-date and could be used efficiently for all output channels. By the same token, this meant that keeping all the output channels up-to-date required a great deal of manual effort, which posed a risk to further growth.
- Departments worked with different systems, filing structures and file formats (such as Excel and InDesign) – there was no central point of contact for product information.
- There was no link between product data in the ERP and digital assets in the existing Canto Cumulus DAM. Coordinated versioning, allocation and where-used lists were virtually impossible to implement.
- Numerous manual processes made it a never-ending task to create and provide up-to-date output-ready product information for the various channels.
- There was no central team coordination via workflows – manual approval processes took a lot of time.
- Internal stakeholders could not access central, reliable information about the product.
- With Contentserv, a central system for product information management and digital asset management was to be introduced, completely replacing redundant data storage.
- As a single point of product truth, the system should always guarantee up-to-date, consistent, reliable and comprehensive product information for all external touchpoints as well as for internal stakeholders.
- Central workflows and a high degree of automation should guarantee simplified, efficient and reliable collaboration between all specialized departments. Thanks to excellent user guidance, the system should be very well received by all users.
- Future expansion stages, such as the connection of translation management and outputs for website and print, should further increase operational efficiency and thus create the basis for further company growth and consistent brand perception.