As the company has attached great importance to careful master data maintenance for many years, Emmi has already been able to standardize and harmonize many of its processes in response to its eventful transformation from a medium-sized company to a global corporation.
But, for a long time, customer-related communication and marketing processes were not taken into account, which meant that inefficient working methods still prevailed. The task now was to initiate a comprehensive change process here too and to support this with the appropriate PIM/DAM solution. This would enable Emmi to provide the necessary central, comprehensive, and quickly accessible database to meet customers’ information needs on a permanent basis and to be well equipped for further development steps.
- Thanks to consistent master data maintenance within Emmi, a solid database already existed, but its use for marketing activities was limited.
- In general, the all-round view of a product was missing. Instead, data from different systems had to be merged first before all the information could be viewed together.
- The previous software cornerstones such as ERP, master data governance, and recipe management worked cleanly and efficiently on their own, but lacked the collaborative layer with appropriate workflow management.
- Many processes relating to product data maintenance and preparation for partner companies or the company’s own marketing activities were still rather cumbersome and associated with media disruptions. This meant correspondingly high labor costs and an unnecessarily long time-to-market.
- Extension of the single source of truth landscape or, in the case of multiple sources, corresponding integration with observance of the definition as to which source is the master for each data item, including data sovereignty of the company, compliance management, and AI-based tagging of media assets.
- High data quality and a 360° view of all information on a product available at any time, including automated output in the appropriate formats.
- Faster onboarding of new employees through an intuitive system and efficient workflow.
- Overall increase in efficiency through automation of many processes that were previously still carried out manually, as well as through the elimination of media disruptions.
- Simplified collaboration with subsidiaries thanks to cloud-based PIM/DAM solution.
- Digitization of data sourcing from suppliers and agencies.
- Increase in customer loyalty through better services, uniform product information, and high data quality standards.
- In essence: cutting-edge digitized processes enabling the company to be prepared for further meaningful development steps as well as for the trade of the future in general.